Thursday, May 9, 2019

rain, rain, rain

We have had something like 100 days in a row of rain.  Ok maybe not 100.  But nonetheless, we are all sick of rain.  I think we have literally had something in the neighborhood of 8 inches in the past week.  Rain every day means that practices are getting cancelled, things are getting postponed, and schedules are going to become unmanageable pretty soon!  Not to mention, I need sunshine to be a normal functioning member of society.  
The only good part of a rainy day, more snuggle time with Evie!
Last night Andrew and Madison were working on decorating a cake.  Mallory and I were taking turns playing with the baby.  She was smiling and happy and talking to us.  Then Harper decided to get my phone and take pictures.  Instant stoic face.  It was so funny!  She is a highlight of our days!

This week has been a weird one.  Tuesday morning, Ollie was somehow caught up on a barbed wire fence and tore himself up pretty bad.  Jim had taken the kids to the bus, and the dog jumped into the van with him.  Jim said he thought the dog would bleed to death, so he rushed him to the vet.  Crazy dog.  The good news is that Jim probably saved the dog's life.  The bad news is that our van now looks like he committed a serious crime in there!  I have tried cleaning it with the things I had at home, but it did not touch the crazy amount of blood.  I heard that peroxide will take out blood.  That is what I am planning to do while I wait for Quincy at ball practice this evening!  If peroxide doesn't work, I am taking Jim up on his offer to trade it in!  
One week per month is Jim's crazy week, the one with all the meetings.  This is that week.  Which means he won't be around much in the evenings.  I supposed I should be thankful that the rain is cancelling the activities since he can't help me shuttle kids!   

It would be easier to be thankful for the time at home if the kids were able to get outside to burn energy.  Instead, I have them stealing glasses and mocking each other!  Of course, it is hard to be mad when you are laughing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment