Monday, May 6, 2019

Cowboy up

This weekend was the fair board's rodeo.  They have been amazing about letting the kids run their concession stands, and the kids usually make good money.  This go around, Preston was the committee chairperson.  Basically, that means you get to work the whole weekend away!  :)  Lucky for Preston, I enjoy the rodeo, and have never minded working!  I might even say I enjoyed it.  


Preston and Quincy both worked really hard.  Quincy worked harder though, as she covered for Preston on Saturday night when he attended his class graduation party!  She will absolutely never forget it either!  

Saturday morning was the weigh/tag day for goats.  We were up (moderately) early, and got all the kids weighed in.  Preston and Quincy have reached the age where they did most of the work and all I really had to do was drive the van and write the check.  I like it!  They also did Harper's work, as she spent the night with her friend Chloe.  Harper was at the weigh in, but she was helping Chloe with her sheep!  I am excited that several of the goats were already at 40ish pounds.  Close to sale weight!  Always a good feeling!



Hard to believe that these little boys are gearing up for high school.  It makes me happy that my kids have life long friends!  Preston said the class party was a lot of fun.  




I was dumb enough when I got home Saturday night to breathe a sigh of relief thinking Sunday was going to be laid back!  Nope.  We had the closing mass for RE, 3 base/softball practices, Evie's grandma and uncle came over, and a mountain of laundry.  Sunday is not a day of rest at our house!  One last thing - Harper was a reader at the closing mass yesterday.  I was so impressed with her - not only getting up and doing the reading, but she is a really great reader with a great voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment