Monday, May 20, 2019

First weekend of summer break

We had a fun weekend.  We had nothing going on Friday evening, so we enjoyed an evening at home.  Andrew and Madison cooked up a hotdog and s'more dinner (which the kids loved) and they all played a little wiffle ball in the yard.  It always makes me happy to see my kids play together.  

Quincy keeps telling me that the grumpy cactus is getting friendlier, but I just don't see it.  Considering she handles it with gloves, I am totally not convinced!



Saturday, my friend Dusty and I had planned to go to an auction in Yates Center.  I told Jim that I was only going to get some new guinea fowl, as ours were killed over the winter.  We thought we would have to be back early, as the kids all had scrimmage games in the afternoon and evening.  Landrie, Harper and Quincy rode along with us.  We are training them up to love an auction as much as their mommas do!  I failed to get any guineas, but I did not come home empty handed.  Quincy told me I should bid on some pot bellied pigs.  I threw my hand up as sort of a joke figuring I would quickly get outbid.  Except nobody else bid...so I got 3 potbelly pigs for $2 each.  OOOPS!  Quincy and Harper were overjoyed.  I figured if Jim was not happy, we could pretty easily get our $2 back.  I also found out what kind of a friend Dusty is, as she had driven us down there.  I figure a friend who will let you load 3 pigs into their car is a pretty good friend!  Not that I had any doubts! (I did have a tarp!).  


My Jim probably deserves an award.  He does not love pigs.  He did jump in and help us build them a little pen though.  I told him I am going to feed them out and put them in the freezer.  He does like a good pork chop!  The girls are pretty attached, so I am not exactly how my plan will work!


The scrimmage games that we thought we had to hurry back for were rained out.  Harper and Saige both ended up  playing on Sunday.  Harper had to move up a level this year, and is trying her hand at pitching for the first time.  She did a great job and even struck out a couple of batters!  We were really proud of her!  She also played a little at catcher and 3rd base.  








I went with Mallory to look at a house, and so we missed some of Saige's game.  She played 3rd base and I heard she had a nice hit with an RBI.  
After all the games, we even managed to get our groceries bought and had a little time to rest before starting another week!  I am happy that I got to come to work so I could rest a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment