Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a much needed relaxing weekend.  Madison and Andrew went out for a date night.  Madison asked me to take their photo.  That just did not set well with Saige.  She loves her Andrew and had to get a picture too.  Luckily, Andrew is mellow and understanding.  :)   I think they had fun going out, and we definitely had fun playing with Evie while they were gone!  She is growing into such a fun baby.  She is happy, and loves to be talked to.  


We had some time to take care of things at home that have needed attention for a while.  For example, the hedgie got a bath.  I am not exactly sure if she liked the bath or not, because any time we go near her she makes these rattling, grouchy noises.  I have never spent any time with hedge hogs, so I don't know if they are just noisy animals, or if Quilling is just a grouchy one.  Quincy thinks it is endearing and cute.  Her face is cute, but I cannot figure this critter out.  Grumpy little thing.  I leave all her care to Quincy, Harper and Andrew.  They think she is amazing.  We also did some goat pen repairs, grazing pen building, rock moving, stick picking up, mowing, cleaning, and laundry.  It was nice to be home!

Of course, we couldn't stay home the ENTIRE weekend.  We had to go looking at some flood water.  The lakes are all at insane levels.  They are not letting water out due to not wanting to flood the downstream areas, which has backed the rivers and creeks up and they are also at insane levels.  I didn't take pictures, because when I asked if the kids wanted to "go" the dog jumped into the car.  Blitz loves to go.  I can't deny her when we were just putzing around, but then I had to stay in the car so she didn't get out and get lost.  The kids enjoyed driving around looking.


The amazingness of time at home abruptly ended this morning.  Our schedule from now until July is packed.  Preston is falling headlong into summer weights, summer basketball, football camps, and I don't even know what else.  Quincy is doing a bunch of the same stuff at the jr. high level.  We have ball games every evening, and Preston is working too.  We had no choice but to let him start driving himself.  It is legal, but it is always hard to watch them start driving themselves.  A mother's prayer list is always long I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment