Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day weekend


Jim asked me what I would like to do for Mother's day and I looked right at him and said "absolutely nothing."  It was the first time in probably 6 months where we had nothing on the calendar for Saturday, and minimal stuff on Sunday.  I couldn't even hide my delight when he said that was good with him, but he needed to go to work.  Most of the kids were working as well.  I was home with no vehicle, no plans, and only a couple of kids!  IT WAS AWESOME!  I literally sat and read a book, fed the girls junk for lunch, watched a movie, and took a short nap.  We have so few days like that, when it happens, I spend the whole day wondering what it is that I am forgetting.  I was invited to a couple of graduation parties, and I did not go.  Not because I don't love the kids that were graduating, but just because it would have required getting dressed.  I am thankful that I had a much needed day of nothingness.

Friday was the Overbrook School's field day.  I was getting ready for the graduation party, and also had the baby, so I decided to not attend this year.  The girls are so funny.  Saige said "it was awesome" and then went into a very detailed description of every single thing they had done.  Harper told me 'it sucked, it was boring and I am glad I am going to a different school next year!'  Mallory said "it was exhausting!"


On actual Mother's day, we went to church, Saige had ball practice and we did a little light house work, some goat pen fixing, and hanging out with the cutest little sweet pea!  Andrew cooked us all steaks on the grill.  I heard from or saw all of the kids this weekend.  It was amazing and I hated to see it end!  I am prematurely celebrating school letting out later this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment