Friday, May 31, 2019

Preston's turn

Preston's team has had a hard time getting to play ball this summer.  They finally got in a couple games last night.  Preston is playing on a team over at Carbondale this summer.  There are quite a few boys on the team, but Preston really wanted to play with his friends and have a fun summer of ball.  All their games are double headers.  They won the first game and lost the second one last night.  Preston said he did have fun!  He played a little at shortstop, and 3rd base.  He had some great plays!  I enjoyed watching them.  I always enjoy when the kids get to this level.  It makes all the summers that you sat around watching them build their skills worth it!  






We did have a little drama before the game, Preston was working at the Judd Ranch.  He came in 10 minutes before we needed to leave and took a very fast shower (he was covered in cow poo).  He was showered, dressed, had his dinner in hand and we walked out the door on time.  Then realized he had no idea where he put the key to the van.  That key is gone.  We cannot find it anywhere.  Luckily, after 15 minutes of looking, and still needing to drop off Saige with Jim for her game, before we could go, Mallory let us borrow her car.  Preston will be searching the house for the key after he gets home from summer weights and basketball today!  I do not know where he put it, but he wins at hiding!
There is a new berry patch south of town.  I had been meaning to take the kids out to pick strawberries, but with Preston needing to use the van, we have been limited on time.  Yesterday, I realized the owner was sitting in town selling already picked berries.  I bought 5 pounds.  They are the best berries I have had in years.  My intent was making jam.  Then I brought them home.  The kids were in absolute heaven.  Never having been one to stop a kid from eating a fresh piece of fruit, these were wiped out in a very short amount of time.  All 5 pounds gone!  I guess if I want jam, I will still have to pick some!  Strawberries always remind me of my grandma.  She had a huge patch, and used to recruit us to help her pick.  We always ate as many as we picked!  She made jam, ice cream topping, froze berries for winter treats, and  made pies.  Thinking back, it was probably really work, but it sure felt like fun when you were doing it with grandma!  I miss her every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment