Monday, February 17, 2020

Another fast weekend

I am not sure how lucrative Mallory's new side gig of photography is, but I love that she feeds my photo addiction.  I love this one!  She watched Evie on Friday night while her parents went out.  The pictures Mallory took were all great, but this one sums up my sweet, ornery girl pretty nicely.  She has really developed quite an ornery personality, and we all think it is hilarious.  We love her so much!

Preston (#10 in white)  had a home game on Friday.  His team beat Osawatomie.  Preston played well.  Basketball is starting to wind down, but we still have a few games left.  






Saige (#5 in white) had a game on Saturday.  Since I was in town with just her, I told her we would go out for lunch before we tackled the grocery shopping.  She got all excited and said "Anywhere I want?"  I said sure - as long as it is in Topeka.  She sucked in her breath and said "oooohh mom can we eat at Sonic?"  She seriously cracks me up!  The girl loves a good corndog!  

Saige is learning a lot and starting to put the pieces together a little bit.  She has a good coach and he is patient and kind with the girls, which I appreciate.  On Saturday, there was some sort of a mom who stormed the court, and they had to stop the game.  I couldn't figure out what was going, on, this is not even meant to be a competitive league, it is just instructional.  I figured out that she was mad at her baby daddy and they ended up calling security.  It was a little crazy.  Topeka always keeps things interesting for sure.  Luckily, they were able to finish the game, and Saige's team "won."  




The girl's rubber band bracelet addiction is getting a bit out of hand.  :)

Sunday brought model meeting practice and a cooking meeting.  The model meeting has one more practice before they perform it for a judge.  Every year, I freak out a little bit because they are no where near ready, and then it seems like they come together and perform well.  I hope that will be the case again this year, as the practice was a bit of a train wreck!   I guess time will tell.  

The cooking meeting was to learn about making sugar cookies.  The girls had fun making and decorating cookies.  I do not enjoy this type of cookie, as to me it is just too much time and energy.  I have agreed to make sugar cookies once a year for Jim at Christmas time, and other than that, forget about it!  They are Jim's favorite, so he was excited that the girls brought home samples.  


This is the kid's final day off for their unexpected long weekend.   I had to work, so I left them a list of things to accomplish.  I hope they get it done!  Jim agreed to spending his day off running vehicles in for service and oil changes and doing random other errands.  Weekends, even long ones, never last long enough!  

No comments:

Post a Comment