Monday, February 10, 2020

birthday weekend

We had a fun weekend.  Friday night, I got to drive Preston's team to Prairie View for their games.  Preston's team won, and Preston played really well!  (Preston is #10 in blue).  I am glad I got to go!  



Friday was grandparent's day for 4th graders.  Harper's teacher sent me these cute photos.  Harper said it was a fun day!


Saturday was Mallory and Madison's 24th birthday!  Colin brought them a cake.  Everyone needs a brother like Colin!   :)  It was nice to see Colin and Spencer for a while before they all went out for the evening.  I was excited to have baby duty!  Evie, Saige, Harper, Quincy and Clayton all had a lot of fun playing!  
I think the girls had a good birthday!  They make me so proud!  They have grown into fine women.  I love them both so much!

While Mom and Dad are away....Evie loves her some popsickles!  She also stayed up way past her bedtime and had a lot of fun getting out every single one of her toys!


Saturday was a day I was looking forward to.  We had no real plans, no real commitments, no ball games.  I got home from Preston's basketball games at literally 12:30 in the morning.  I thought to myself 'that's ok, I can sleep in, have no real plans, and I can get all caught up and have a little time to relax!'  Yea, I should never think.  Not only did I get up at the normal time, but we worked hard all day.  We had a fire going to burn a brush pile and it took out part of the yard (and a wee bit of the neighbor's yard), so I also got to practice my fire fighting skills.  I walked inside after getting the fire out, to find a hysterical 8 year old.  She saw the dogs running down the road, and was so worried.  So we jumped in the car to go get them.  Drove around yelling for them for quite a while.  Came back in the driveway to find the dumb things sleeping on the front porch.  It was one thing after another all day long.  I think I would prefer to just go ahead and run errands like normal.

Sunday, the kids had model meeting practice.  We practice at my office. When the girls and I walked in, I realized I should have taken out the trash, it was not too good smelling!  I sent Quincy to take it to the dumpster while we set up, and she comes back with treasures. 


I mean, who throws away a copper stamped photo of the last supper....Mom?  Who would do that?  Who?  
I guess it has a new home now.  :)  It is actually pretty neat, and my photo doesn't do it justice.  I will be cleaning it before we hang it up, since it is a dumpster dive find.  
This weekend means the browser history on my computer has things like -
can you bleach copper? 
how do you get burn stains off fabric?
 how do you set up a still?



No comments:

Post a Comment