Friday, February 14, 2020

Surprise 5 day weekend



snow day naps!  :)  love my little family


Mallory did an amazing job of taking pictures of Spencer and Colin last week.  She sent me the file, but I stole these off of facebook.  I love them!  She is pretty talented.








Well, this week has been an interesting one.  We had normal plans.  Normal things to do.  Normal doesn't always work out.  Wednesday, they called for a trace to 1 inch of snow.  Our mornings go something like this - I wake up early, get myself ready, wake the kids up, make sure the girls hair is done and they are wearing matching clothes, and remind them of their chores.  They do chores, I wake up Jim and leave on the bus.  Jim takes over the child/school preparations.  Wednesday, it looked like a normal day.  I took off on the bus.  The weather people were saying small amounts of snow changing over to rain.  Sometimes, when the weather is bad, we make Preston ride the bus to school.  Wednesday, we did not.  I had no trouble getting around on my bus route.  I didn't think anything of letting Preston drive himself.  I did not think anything out of the ordinary was happening at all.  Somehow, as I was waiting for my shuttle kids to load, the weather went downhill quickly.  The roads went from fine, to crap in literally 15 minutes time.  It was too late for them to call off school, it was too late for Preston to ride the bus to town, it was too late to do anything except pray that it all worked out ok.  Preston made it.  All the buses made it.  The roads were terrible.  The predicted snowfall totals were very far off.  I believe we got around 4-5 inches of snow.  I had a pretty hard time getting bus kids home Wednesday evening.  I was relieved when they cancelled RE, and I skipped out on going to a funeral visitation for a co-worker who passed this week.  I was just happy to be home.  And I was ecstatic when they called off school for Thursday.  Jim had city council and got home very late.  He said that the roads were drifting and that visibility was bad.  It was a good day to be off school yesterday, as the weather turned brutally cold and the snow was blowing.  I was a little bit shocked to see them call off school again today.  I am not sad about it, just a little shocked.  Saige was sad.  She and Madison made cookies yesterday for her Valentine's Day party, and she spent quite a lot of time making her Valentines.  Her teacher sent out a message to not be sad, they will just celebrate on Tuesday....because Monday is a holiday.  So that is how we got a surprise 5 day weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day to us!
Several years ago, I decided that we should celebrate Valentine's day in the spring, as every year it seemed like someone was sick.  This year, we are not sick, but Jim has an opportunity to go to Kansas City with his friend Jay to watch semi-professional wrestling.  I am going to high school basketball to watch Preston.  The amount of romance here is so high, it is almost unreal!  ha!  It is a good thing we are flexible!  Truthfully, I have a "I don't wait to eat  at a restaurant for more than 30 minutes" rule, so we would probably never go out on Valentine's Day anyway!    Next week maybe!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment