Monday, February 3, 2020

Super bowl weekend

Since we were gone last weekend, we didn't get our weekend-y stuff done.  It sort of caused the whole week to feel off, since I am a creature of routines.  I was happy to see that the weekend was upon us, and maybe I could have some time to catch up.  The girls had friends spend the night on Friday night.  It was nice, because it kept them entertained while I started in on my list!  
Saturday afternoon, Saige had a game.  I told the little girls that when the game was over, we had to go do a big load of grocery shopping, and we needed snacks for the Super Bowl.  
Saige played pretty well.  She is learning, and getting better!  Her team won!  She was super excited about that!  I might add that I think she was more excited about helping me get the snacks!  And help they did!  Jim, Harper and Saige were great help deciding on all the stuff they thought was necessary for a Super Bowl watching party.  The girls surprised me with their snack ideas....wanting dill pickles, hot wings, and cheese.  Its hard to say no to that!  



It's not every day that the "local" team plays in the Super Bowl.  We enjoyed the game, and the Chief's big win.  OK, so maybe Preston wasn't impressed, but the rest of us are excited about it!  I loved having an evening with my people (and granddogs).  

I am also feeling a little bit back to normal, since the weekend stuff was accomplished, the shopping got done, and the weather was great!  Super Bowl is over, now bring on spring!  

No comments:

Post a Comment