Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ghost girls


Adreinne has been my best friend since I was 4 years old.  So when she buys a house to use as a rental, and says the house has a creepy basement, and the neighbors say it’s haunted, we had to go investigate.   Plus, we aren’t extremely busy right now and have plenty of time for conducting paranormal investigations.  Quincy even downloaded a temperature sensing camera app on her phone (although I have my doubts on if that works or not?!?).   It isn’t the first time we tried to find a ghost, remember the trip to Evansville, Indiana where we forced poor Jim to go to a haunted library?  We were disappointed that we once again struck out on seeing a ghost.  Or even anything scary.    Our investigation’s official position is old - yes, haunted- nope.  

We did have a really fun afternoon of visiting and laughing like hyenas though.  Sometimes the best thing in the world is being giant dorks with old friends. 

Saige was really not into conducting a ghost hunt with us.  She was so opposed that when grandma stopped by, she jumped into grandma’s car and begged to weed flower beds rather than go!   She had a great time today too!  And the flower beds at grandma’s house look amazing! 


I have always loved school breaks.  Having the kids around, freedom from schedules, having more time together, and just basically enjoying my kids has always been a favorite for me.  Yesterday, I let the kids go grocery shopping with me.  We ran a couple of errands and then hit dillons.  They have not been inside a big store for months.  None of us really have.  I have been doing pick up on groceries and getting my cleaning stuff at dollar general in our little town.  They were happy to go.  We had a great time driving around, singing and chatting. It was a good day!  I was laughing though, Preston and Quincy work every weekend.  While they are working, their boss listens to classic country.  As a result, they have started listening to classic country. Preston has downloaded a bunch of stuff on his phone and was using blue tooth to play stuff that he thought I wouldn’t know.   Joke was on him.  I grew up in a family whose car only had AM radio.  We listened to 61 country all the time!  Not only did I know all his songs, but I was enjoying the blast from the past!  It amused me that all of my younger crowd was cruising around town singing old Dolly Parton!  I almost wrecked my car laughing though when Harper sang “Jolene please don’t take my man card!”   Poor Preston was severely outnumbered!  



We had to get home in time for me to go to my township board meeting.  I found this guy crossing the road.  It’s hard to tell in this photo, but he might be the biggest snapper I’ve ever seen! 

I also mentioned that we are keeping busy with many projects.  This is a new one.  Quincy bought herself a new incubator with an egg turner.  She was so excited about her purchase, but we already have enough chickens.  So I called in a favor from a friend.  What do we have?  A dozen royal palm guinea eggs!  Fingers crossed that we have babies!   We didn’t have any luck with the duck eggs earlier this spring!  








Despite all the craziness of the country currently, we are having a good time, living our best life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment