Thursday, June 25, 2020

More projects











Several months back, Andrew helped me fix a couple of the holes left by the puppies and also by a small incident when Jim was installing a new toilet in the downstairs bathroom.  We had everything patched, but it needed to be sanded and repainted.  Today I decided I had sat on it long enough.  Preston helped me get the sander running, but he has asthma and has no business around sheet rock dust.   I got it all sanded down and thought it looked pretty good.  I then hatched a little crazy plan to save myself a trip to town.   I mixed left over paint from Quincy’s bedroom, Mallory’s bedroom and Saige’s bedroom.  In my mind I thought it would be more gray with a hint of greenish blue. Or maybe blueish green.  I honestly didn’t care because I love to reuse things I already have.   That bathroom is dinky so I figured 3/4 of a gallon would get the job done.   The color is not what I expected, but I rarely use the downstairs bathroom, so honestly I don’t really care what color it is.  The holes are patched, it’s not too ugly, and someday the kids will move and that place will need to be completely redone.  I’ll cross that bridge later.  

Confession time - my Saige sometimes gets left out of stuff Harper and Quincy are doing.  She was feeling sort of sad, and so I told her she could help me paint.  I then made her do the area behind the toilet, and along the baseboards (the worst places).  Is it really child labor if she was having fun?   Of course, we weren’t quite halfway done when Preston busted in begging to go to night swim.  Some of his friends were going.  Pleassseeeeee!   So I told him he could go if he took the girls. And if he promised not to stay if it was overly crowded.  Saige was very quick to abandon me when swimming was put in the table.  


A couple weeks back, Aunt Amy bought the kids a tie dye kit.  I had been telling the girls we would get some tshirts but we haven’t really been anywhere to buy them.  This week I ventured into Walmart during a swimsuit crisis Harper was having.  I happened to find white shirts for everyone on clearance.  The girls had a good time figuring out how they wanted to fold the shirts.   They are now sitting in plastic bags waiting for tomorrow when we can open and wash them.  Preston refused to participate, so we had to do his for him.  He is a party pooper!  

So far Jen and Judy are doing good.  They have been drinking the school milk, and the girls lock them up at night to keep them safe from the multitudes of owls that seem to always be around here.   They are pretty sweet!  

Also, about three weeks ago our neighbor’s kid wrecked his car.  The car then sat there wrecked in the ditch.   We had a little family bet going on how long it would be there!  Quincy was sure to snap some pictures when we saw the tow truck hauling it out.  You know....we don’t have much going on - we find entertainment where it presents itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment