Sunday, June 28, 2020

Langfest 2020















Yesterday was Langfest.  Colin and Spencer came over to our house and spent the day smoking ribs and visiting.  Saige loves playing with Volt.   I had to snap a photo of Colin and Andrew taste testing the ribs!  

We had a fun afternoon/evening at My brother’s house.  Langfest is a favorite of mine and I think it is a favorite of the kids too.  Most of my cousins didn’t come this year though and a few of my aunts and uncles also stayed away.   The pandemic has made crowds a bad thing.  I had told the kids we would go, practice social distancing and sit outside.  I think we did a fairly good job.  No hugging goodbye!   
Grandma and Grandpa lost their dog a few weeks back.  They got a new Aussie puppy.  They are still hashing our names for this adorable little guy.   Saige was in absolute heaven with all these puppies to play with!  

Cameron is in self quarantine as he may have been exposed to the Rona.  He was bummed about not coming home.  We are also in limbo over what we will do next week when his lease ends, and he was going  to move home for a few weeks until he starts his new position in the dorms.  I’m on record saying the way they are handling this virus is a true disaster.  Cameron was possibly exposed by a friend.  The friend has the symptoms and has been tested. The friend has been waiting for days for their test results.  Days.  They told him anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks.  That is a long time to not know in my opinion.  No wonder this thing is spreading out of control.  

The rest of us had a fun time blowing junk up and eating bbq foods.  I hate that we weren’t all together. And I pray next year will be different....but I certainly understand.

Side note.  My grandkid loves fireworks.  Loves! No fear. No hesitation. She kept wanting down, and then would take off toward where they were lighting them off.  It was hilarious.  Oh and she is fast now!  So fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment