Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father’s Day weekend










We had a fairly busy weekend.  Not as busy as it was supposed to be though.  The 4-H was supposed to paint fences this weekend as a fundraiser. They postponed it due to weather.  The weather wasn’t an actual issue, but it’s Kansas so who really knows what will happen!  
Saturday evening as we were just hanging out, our neighbors from up the road called.  They were out driving and found a couple of abandoned kittens.  Since our kittens from this spring didn’t make it, I agreed to taking these in as barn cats!  The girls named them Jen and Judy. They are sort of wild, but I guarantee they won’t be for long!   

Quincy and Preston worked this weekend at the vineyard. It was garlic harvesting time.  Quincy helped with that. They grew a lot of garlic!   They sent Quincy home with a sack of garlic and instructions on how to preserve it.  We chose to clean it and freeze it.  Saige and I may never smell the same again, but we have a lot of garlic in the freezer for making salsa and garlic bread, and other yummy things!   The amount of stuff they learn up there is astounding.  

This evening we had a family dinner at Madison and Andrew’s house.   Preston and Quincy went over early and went fishing with Jim and Andrew.  My husband and son in law both love fishing and think it’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day.  I don’t know if there are pictures, but I heard there were many fish caught!  We had a great time at Madison’s!   Everything was amazing and it was awesome to be able to get together.   

This Father’s Day, I must say that I am surrounded by amazing dads.  My father and my father in law set the bar pretty high.  I am also constantly impressed with my son in law.  He is a good dad and a good husband.  He cares about doing things the right way, a trait I absolutely love about him.   He is a blessing to our family.  And my kid’s dad, my Jim.  He is a rock for me and for the kids.  He has a very strong sense of right and wrong and keeps us all on the path of righteousness, which would be enough of a reason to love him.  He goes further though.  He is a hard worker, a helper, a supporter, and although his dad jokes aren’t always funny, occasionally he is pretty funny.   We are very lucky to call him ours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment