Thursday, September 24, 2020

Enough







This week has been a little bit long and exhausting.  Seriously it feels like Friday was due 2 days ago.  Not that it has been terrible, we just really got out of practice with all the shutdowns/school out for 6 months.  Getting back into the swing of things is difficult, and there is also still the worry over whether we are jumping in too quickly.  And of whether things are being handled correctly by the county. Our school last week had its first confirmed case of covid in a teacher. This week is the first confirmed case in a student.  It feels a little like a time bomb.  I also personally know 2 people who have tested positive at their jobs but have zero symptoms.  Seriously that is the terrifying part - a deadly disease to some, that others don’t even realize they are carrying. I can see why the conspiracy theory people are losing their ever loving minds.  Still, I am trying to be positive.  Lauren is also quarantined.  I talked to her a little bit this evening, I feel really bad for her.  I know this sucks.  I wish that we could figure out an effective treatment or a cure.  I tried to put a positive spin on it by pointing out it will be a good story for her grandkids someday.  Speaking of grandkids, this girl is my best bud.   She is getting so big and has such a funny personality.  I am thankful that we get to spend time together. 


Saige was practicing getting up-do’s.  She got a little mad when I told her she could not sleep in it.  I’m mean I guess.  

We were all really saddened that grandma had to put her puppy to sleep this week. He got hit and hurt really badly.  We are so sorry grandma and grandpa.  We will miss this sweet boy.  He wasn’t ours, but we all got pretty attached.   
The girls also started back to RE this week.  I am teaching 3/4th grades.  Saige is in my class.  It’s a small class of 3, with a couple choosing to go remote.  I think it will be easy to entertain them!  
This weekend is already not looking like  the . Mecca of relaxation that I was hoping for!  I guess we will settle for making memories instead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment