Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Updates and stuff






In our district, 5th grade is beginning band.  Usually you pick an instrument in the spring and then take a few lessons over the summer.   Of course, we know the drill....”because of coronavirus.”   Instrument pick up night got moved to fall.  Harper spent the whole summer debating with herself over whether she wanted to be in band.  I could tell she really wanted to, but was very nervous about it.  I suggested that we go to the instrument night and just look, and talk to the directors.  She agreed.  When we got there, she got really excited and asked if she could play the flute.  We made the same deal as with the other kids, you will play this instrument until at least 8th grade.  I hope longer, but time will tell!   You must learn to use it if I have to pay for it.  Not all of our kids have loved band, but I can proudly say they can all read music.  And I am extremely proud of our band program. I hope she will love playing the flute!   Jim was at city council when we went, so he will be so surprised and happy to once again be making instrument payments.  ;)

I also finally remembered to take the girls photos in their graduation year shirts.  Saige was fresh from the shower and was extremely goofy tonight.  At least I didn’t forget.   

A friend of mine works at Saige’s school.  She is good about taking pictures of the kids and sending me little updates.  I love getting pictures during my day!  

Actually I just love pictures.  This is Colin making donuts over the weekend with Spencer and her family.  Looks like they were having fun!   
Kansas always keeps it interesting with the weather.  Monday 91 degrees. Wednesday 53 degrees.  This craziness left us quickly searching for jackets and jeans.  I had the annual furnace discussion with the kids.  No we are not turning off the ac and going straight to heat. Put on socks and grab a blanket!  Of course, cracking the windows means all of our allergies will go crazy and “because of coronavirus” we will all end up sent home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment