Saturday, September 26, 2020

Garage sale Saturday










City wide Saturday was postponed in the spring due to Covid.  I wondered if they would end up canceling today for the same reason.  They didn’t.  Everyone knows the risks by now I’d guess. The thing is, the garage sale is our 4-H club’s biggest fundraiser of the year, and we sure hated to give it up.  We plunged in.   We asked for donations.  We were not disappointed with the amount of stuff that we were given.  I had some great help with this project, although our co-leader and the people who usually cart off our leftovers are all in quarantine.  

If I was being honest I would add that I put out on Facebook we were open for donations, and we had a ton of people give the kids stuff.  At one point, one of my co-leaders looked at me and said “what the hell did you do?”   We had so much stuff.  

We were up before the crack of dawn.  We had great help, a ton of business, and the kids made a whole lot of money.  Since it was nice out, we were able to have everything opened up, which made me feel like it was relatively safe.  We also tried to keep 6 feet of distance and sanitized often.  I wish I could say it was over, but we still have to take our left overs to the donation place.  

The best part of garage sale day is treasure hunting.  

These kids worked incredibly hard the last couple days. I am very proud of them.  

Sticker paws had some of the cutest kittens ever.  We have 5, but 3 now have been spoken for.   If the girls would ever leave them wild, we would keep them. They just can’t do it.  Tame kittens don’t live long out here.  

Friday GG stopped at the office after having stopped at dollar general.  Evie got a new phone and some clearance shoes.  She was sooo tired.  I got a kick out of her crashing out in her new shoes while never letting go of that phone!  She woke up in a much better mood!   


No comments:

Post a Comment