Thursday, September 3, 2020

How is it not Friday?







So I lost the entire month of July and most of August.  It flew by in a flash.  And now it is day 4 into the first week of school and honestly, it feels like we have been doing this for a month!   Getting on schedule after a 6 month hiatus has been rough for everyone!   It does not help that school wasn’t the only thing that started back up.  We have been deluged with meetings, decisions, new protocol, dental work, and I can’t even recall what else.  I’m ready for the weekend for sure!  

Enough about me....the kids have done well so far.  Evelyn is back to being juggled between Preston, Jim (who Evie calls poppy and I think it is just about the most adorable thing ever!) and me, we keep her busy and happy.  She seems to like hanging out with us!   She does spend at least part of her mornings asking for the kids!  One day this week I noticed she was excessively quiet.  I turned around and found her fast asleep.  Early mornings suck!    

Preston is in band this year.  I was super worried about this - after all we are in a pandemic with germs that are carried in respiratory droplets and band seems like a bad idea.  His director had special mouth piece masks and horn covers made for them.  They are having the practices outside.   They worked really hard to make this happen.  He came home one day this week with his marching band uniform.  It humors me that it is a track suit. I was laughing with him about Mallory and Madison having to wear the giant marching band hats and capes.  I guess it pays to have a “cool” band director!  
We also had a meeting regarding religion Ed for this year.  We are going to try it in person at least for a while.  They bought us really neat new books that have an amazing interactive website so we can go online if we need to.  One thing this pandemic has done is make some really neat programs available for people to use for low or no cost.  It may be wrong of me, but I figure I have 3 more years of teaching and then Saige will move to confirmation class and I can retire from that role.  Down hill slope to Wednesday night freedom - and after literally 20 something years I can’t wait!  

A friend was selling this slide, and we got it for Evie.  She loves sliding!   Her smile makes me happy.  

The kids report to me that they feel the school is following protocol on the covid plans.  From what I see, they are correct.   They also say wearing a mask all day “isn’t that bad.”  Saige loves Mrs. Wells and Harper is happy that Chloe survived the stomach flu and is back keeping her company!  The only thing I have to say about the bus is never again will I take the wind on my face for granted!  Now if we can move swiftly on to a weekend that would be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment