Thursday, September 17, 2020

3 weeks in






Well we are 3 weeks into the school year (almost). The first case of covid was diagnosed in a staff member in our district.   Honestly, we made it longer than I expected.   The protocol being utilized is that they closed down the portion of the school where the staff member worked and the person is on quarantine.  A few other people are also being quarantined as a result.  I hope this is the last case, but I know better.  I believe things will not get better from here, but we are doing the best we can.  Evie keeps me entertained during the day.  She has a few books at my office.  This week, she is infatuated with this Bug book.  She keeps bring it to me and saying “flies!”  She’s hilarious.  

When I suggested that we bring home a yip yap doggy, Preston told me that was the last dang thing that we need around here.  Since that time, I have found Preston sleeping with Carlos, snuggling with him, using the words “he is a delight, and cutest doggy ever!” And the cake- putting Carlos in his shirt because the dog is incredibly thin blooded and is always shivering. I have also seen my big old tough guy husband making snacks with the sole purpose of giving the snack to the dog, and sitting in the couch letting Carlos snuggle with him as well.   I’m a genius....this dog was exactly what we needed.  

Evie is money!  

Quincy is going on the next CWF trip.  She had her first meeting last night to meet her sponsor and the other kids she will be traveling with.  We literally just got Preston’s trip paid for, and Now are beginning all over again with the fundraisers.  It is an amazing trip and a wonderful opportunity to learn so much.  I’m happy she gets to go, even if the trip looks a little different.  Preston was supposed to go back in June, but Covid.  He will travel in June 2021.  We hope!   Quincy will go in June 2022. I told the 4-H extension people we are officially on the down hill slide to no more of our kids to send.  

No comments:

Post a Comment