Friday, October 2, 2020

Whew!








For a little while there, I wasn't sure we would make it through this week.  But we did!  Thank you Jesus for the gift of weekends!  We had a lot going on this week, and Jim had to work a lot.  The kids and I managed to get everything covered.  I am glad that Preston can drive!  We had a ton of stuff left over from the garage sale.  Preston helped me truck it down to Ottawa and donate it.  Another one of the 4-H leaders took a couple loads too.  We managed to finish that mess.  I am glad!  I have to tell you that I felt bad for Carlos this week, as we weren't around much to play with him.  He is not doing the best with his potty training, and the lack of being home definitely did not help that situation!   I let him out one night before bed, and then could not get him to come back inside.   I guess he thought he wanted to be out with the coyotes and owls!  I was very close to letting them have him!  ha!  Just kidding.  Sort of!  He is so fast! 

My days are filled with this little girly.  I am thankful her parents allow me to watch her while they are at work.  She is a true blessing.  She is also starting to really talk and is so amusing.  The little girls and I get a kick out of her chatter!  Jim watches her for about an hour while I am on the bus in the mornings.  Yesterday, she came into my office holding her hand and whining "chicken....bad chicken!"   Poppy had taken her down to feed the chickens before they left for work.  She had some corn and one of the chickens got impatient and pecked her hand.  It didn't leave a mark, but she sure was unhappy about it!  

Colin and Spencer had some fall photos taken with Volt.  I love these!  Colin will be back for a few days later this month for some schooling in Topeka.  I am beyond excited to have him here for a while!  Spencer isn't coming, as she started her new job and can't take off.  She did tell me that she likes her new job, and is starting to feel like she is making some friends there.  We are proud of them both!
Lauren gets out of quarantine tomorrow.  She is happy to be back in the land of the living.  Cameron has been amusing me with fact checking stats from the debate.  He likes statistical stuff a lot more than most people.  :)  I miss all of these people.  I hope we can all get together soon!  

I took some video of Harper playing the flute.  I was thinking when she gets good at playing, it will be fun to go back and see where she started at.   I was sworn to not post the video.  She didn't say I couldn't post screen shots of the video though!  I am proud of how hard she is working to learn to play her flute!  
School has been interesting this week.  We had 2 students test positive for Covid.  One was a junior high volleyball player.  Instantly, that made all her teammates quarantine.  It ended up that 85 kids needed to quarantine as a result of this one child testing positive.  They ended up putting all of the 6, 7 and 8th grade students on remote school for 2 weeks.  To me, it seems like a sensible way to handle it.  I am in a definite minority here in this strongly republican county however.  The amount of nasty posts aimed at our superintendent, calling his decision ridiculous, and whining about the school is unreal to me.  I guess public health and safety doesn't matter if it is inconvenient for some people.  This morning, I saw the reports that president tRump and his wife have tested positive for Coronavirus.  Where I would never wish for someone to get sick, or to die, I do hope that having the virus gets him to actually take this pandemic seriously now.  I have doubts that anything can penetrate his thick skull though.

We have a few things that we have to do this weekend, and a few things that we want to do for fun.  That being said, I am absolutely catching up on sleep and having a little bit of down time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment