Monday, October 12, 2020

Weekend




Although it wasn’t the best or most amazing weekend we have ever had, we were very blessed to have had all the kids home.   We missed Lauren, but Cameron spent all day Saturday with us.  Colin and Spencer spent the weekend. The girls made dinner, we had a lot of catching up, stories and good conversation.  It was good for the soul and I am thankful for it. 

For some reason I didn’t take many photos. Saige took a few though!   She is always happy when we have more dogs!   At one point this weekend, we had 9 dogs here!   Carlos was exhausted from trying to be the boss of all of them!  

We met Grandma Chris, uncle Steve and aunt  Heidi at a park in Lawrence so the kids could see grandma and express their condolences.  It was a pretty little park that I never knew existed before.  Saige took some pictures.  We were sitting in this gazebo but it didn’t look like this from my side!   She has a good eye I think!   

Some news from here - Cameron applied for and received his sub license.  So he can now work as a substitute teacher in the state.  He thinks this will be a nice side gig for him to supplement his RA salary.  I’m proud of him and wish him luck!
Colin finished his schooling.  He headed back to Wichita.  
Quincy got a couple parts in the high school musical. She is a security guard and an elf.   They are doing “Elf” and she is pretty excited.  I believe the musical will be done online somehow.  

Jim was given a couple days off work.  Today, when I came home, he reported to me that our house cat Jewwy had escaped and somehow ended up in the top of a tree behind the deck.  He had tried to lure the cat down with tuna and had tried to build a ramp to help him.  This is unfortunate because Jewwy is one of the dumbest animals who has ever lived!   We love him, and he is sweet, but seriously, he lacks brain cells.  He is still in the tree.  We are not the fire department calling type.  At least not for dumb cats.  ;)
  
Evie and I had lunch at my office today.  We just ran into Casey’s to grab something quick.   I haven’t taken her in many places lately because of covid.  She was thrilled to have grammy’s permission to get lunch.  She grabbed a micky mouse juice and some chips.  What else do you need right?  She makes me smile every single day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment