Monday, October 26, 2020

What the heck







After an entire lifetime living in Kansas, one would think I would not be surprised by the weather.   Maybe surprised isn’t the right term.  I am never ready for the abrupt changes and craziness.  Thursday it was 84.  Friday 48.   All weekend was cold and today....snow.  Take me back to Thursday!   I love fall.  I truly do.  I do not love snow. Or driving on slick roads.  Or making decisions for teen drivers.  Or any other part of winter.   It wasn’t even a large amount of snow, but blah.  No.  Go away!  

Jim broke a tooth.  We have switched to a new dentist.  The new dentist recommended extracting the tooth.  Jim has been having a lot of discomfort, and he was happy that they could get him in early this morning.  Of course, that meant we had to ask aunt Mallory for help with Evelyn this morning!  Luckily, it was a late start day, so she got to hang out at school!   I picked her up when I got done with the bus.  We had to park and walk across the street, and it was snowing pretty hard.  Evie wasn’t impressed.  She kept yelling “rainin!” I told her it wasn’t rain! I taught her to say “stupid snow!”  She seriously amuses me on the daily.  (Jim appears to be doing just fine!  I hope he heals up quickly!)

This evening, Landrie came over so they could try on and plan out their Halloween plans.  Preston went out for dinner with a friend.  The little girls and I made fun of their crazy costumes.  Jim had a meeting.  I had my first ever parent teacher conference over the phone.  It was awesome I must say!   It was a crazy evening.  

And crazy, cold evenings should end with a cat and dog snuggling on your lap as you doze a little! 

No comments:

Post a Comment