Friday, October 9, 2020

Catching a breather








The kids have a 3 day weekend.   That doesn’t mean we will be lazy and relaxing for 3 days, but sometimes you just need a change of activities to feel refreshed.   That is what the theme of the upcoming weekend is going to be - breather time!  
Colin is attending some kind of schooling in Topeka this week.   It has been good to have him around some.  Sunday, he and Preston ran some errands for me.  They ran over a pretty large rattle snake.  He had 10 buttons.  We have been seeing quite a few.   It happens every fall. They are headed into their winter dens!    I don’t love venomous snakes, but I do prefer them to having a lot of neighbors!   Jim may or may not think I am crazy!  

Evie had her 15month shots this week.  She is late for this because of Covid.  She let me know about it too.  She had bandaids and “ouchies.”   She honestly cracks me up.  I know ouchies aren’t funny, but she is so expressive and dramatic.  Being her Grammy and Poppy makes us feel incredibly blessed!  

I was starting dinner when Quincy came in to tell me she decided to try out for the high school musical. I responded with “that is awesome- I’m so proud of you!”  That was followed up with yea- the tryouts are tonight.  They start at 6.  It was 5 til 6.   Queue panic mom.  What?  How?  Come on kid you gotta work with me a little better than 5 minutes notice when we live 20 minutes away!  No worries mom - Landrie is going to come pick me up and drive me out.   Uhhhhh what?   Illegal much?  Needless to say, it is a good thing Harper likes to cook.  She took over the dinner making duties and I ran Quincy and Landrie to their try-outs.   I cracked up because they picked the song, practiced the parts and decided on their try-out approach on the way.  Literally throwing together a performance in 20 minutes.  They make me laugh.  I don’t know if they got parts, but I am so proud of them for being brave and putting themselves out there.  Also, I am thankful that Landrie’s mom is one of my best friends.  She picked them up and dropped off Q so I didn’t have to stay!  We work well together!  

When I got home, the sun was setting.  The vibrant fall colors at the end of our driveway are so beautiful I just could not help but take a few pictures!  


An interesting thing happened this week.  Saige and her friends asked their teacher for a class pet.  The teacher, a really amazing educator, told them to make a presentation about it, to convince her.  Saige showed me her slide show, it was pretty good!  She and her friends also somehow got ahold of petsmart and found that they have grants available for class pets!   They were approved for getting 3 mice.  She is so thrilled!  

When I got home, I thought Preston was checking his car to see if he could get a body in the trunk.   Turns out he doesn’t find my humor amusing!   He was installing some subs and then had to take the girls on a ride around the country so he could ruin their hearing.   He came back happy and offered to fix up my Nissan for me.   I told him the same thing he tells me all the time “hard pass!”   

I am happy the weekend is here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment