Sunday, October 18, 2020

Birthday weekend



















It was another long, busy week here at the homestead.  I mentioned that our house cat, Jewwy escaped and climbed a tree.  He didn’t come down for 3 days!   Three!  Stupid stupid cat!  I came home from driving the bus to find all of the children who live here, my grandchild, and my son-in-law precariously balancing on the deck rail, with pool nets and ladders and God knows what else trying to get him down.  There were multiple things stuck up in the tree with him.  I left for a meeting, and before I did, I ordered them all down.  Have I mentioned how I don’t do heights?   Have I mentioned that our deck is over a bunch of rock pathways and a story off the ground?   Just no!   Long story short, my husband is a soft man.  He couldn’t take the cat being stuck. He spent a lot of time getting an extension ladder set up - I had full on panic thinking he was climbing out there.  He didn’t - thanks be to God!   On the 3rd day, Jim called our neighbor who works for the power company and asked him to come over with his cherry picker.  He did, but it wasn’t tall enough.  He helped Jim cut down half the tree instead!   Luckily we have plenty of trees.  Jewwy is safe inside the house again.  Seriously he is lucky cat.  Needless to say, he is not allowed outside ever again.  


My birthday was spent attending a board of education meeting where we had a lot of turmoil.  Next year, I have got to reevaluate my birthday planning.  Jim and the kids worked pretty hard to make it a nice day for me.  I am blessed.  

Friday evening, we attended the last home football game for the season.  Preston was playing in the marching band, and my nephew, Gavin was playing for the opposing team (Baldwin bulldogs).  We decided it was an opportunity to see them both, and so we went!  We did not take enough coats or blankets!  It got cold!  My phone said it was 53 degrees but I determined that was a lie!  Preston’s band put on a very cool halftime performance including a light show, and Gavin played so well.  It was a good night!  Gavin’s team won- we aren’t telling the SFT folks that we were happy for him!   

Saturday I spent the entire day delivering cookie dough for Quincy while she was at work.  It was ok though, I had a chance to visit with my sister in law Steph who I love and don’t get to see nearly often enough. And I got to see an old friend and visit with her for a little bit.  I enjoyed it!  Cameron and Lauren visited a pumpkin patch and Lauren sent me pictures.   She’s so good and I love it!  They really look like they were having a fun day!   

Saturday evening I had to race home and set up for the 4-H meeting and fall party.  Not as many kids showed up as we were expecting.  I think everyone is back to being busy!  The kids still had fun, although my kids gave me a great deal of grief over not having the bon fire.  I decided between the wind gusting and the burn ban it was a bad idea!   

Mallory spent her Saturday with Andrew car shopping.  He got her some discounts and help with financing through his work.  I’d be lying if i said I wasn’t happy he helped her.  I hate car shopping.  I’m so thankful he was willing to help!   The car has the Evelyn seal of approval!  

Today we had Sunday lunch at Mallory’s House. Madison and Andrew set us up with food and cake.  It was very nice!  
This evening, Preston has a bunch of his friends here for a bonfire birthday.   I can’t believe he will be 16.  I remember when I told Jim we should have a tag along baby- it seems like it was only a few weeks ago! I’m thankful Jim agreed with my crazy plans.  Preston is such a blessing.  There is no school tomorrow, but Jim and I still have to work, so I’m hoping they get tired out and want to sleep!  
And once again I am reminded that weekends go by too quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment