Sunday, December 13, 2020

Such a fun weekend




























Friday night, while I was watching Preston not play basketball, Jim attended Quincy’s first wrestling tournament.  I begged him to please take pictures because I fear that winter sports seasons will be cancelled.  He did what I asked! Quincy lost her first 2 matches, but she won her last match with a pin!  Quincy is in the gray singlet in these photos.  Jim also took video. I will have to work on uploading that later, my movie app has to be updated first apparently.   I am very proud of Quincy for trying something new.  She was very nervous but she did great!  

 Colin and Spencer came up for a party with their friends in Lawrence.  They hung out with us most of Saturday.  We enjoyed visiting with them and painting some ornaments.  I had seen an idea on Pinterest.  We all know the stuff we see on that site is never going to work, but we had fun trying.  
We ran into a problem.  Preston played in a game on Thursday, then sat out of his game on Friday because he hurt his eye in shop class.   When we got home Friday night, we found out that he was quarantined due to a player testing positive for covid on the Thursday night team.  He is now quarantined until the 20th.  We have made the decision for him to stay in his room.  I’m sure he is bored, but he does have a tv, his phone, a bunch of video games and room service.   The rest of us do not have to quarantine unless Preston starts showing symptoms.   Fingers crossed that he will stay healthy.  

Today was Evie’s birthday cat party.  She was thrilled.  She loved her kitty litter cake (eew!) and all her gifts.  She doesn’t enjoy having people sing to her though!  Even after all the practices we have done, she still cried.  I cannot tell you how much we love this little girl. She is amazing, funny, a little bit sassy, and a whole lot adored!  I cannot believe how fast the last 2 years have gone by!   I am so thankful that they moved back to Kansas and that we get to be so involved with their lives.  I was also happy to have all the kids except Preston (and Lauren) be able to be together today.   Fun party!  


Last night, Jim and I went to town and did most of our Christmas shopping.  I was worrying that we will all end up quarantined and not be able to get it done.  While we were shopping, we grabbed a gingerbread house making kit so that we could attempt once again to make an actual cute little house.  Saige, Harper and I built a gingerbread village this evening.  We actually had much better luck than normal.  Saige ate a lot of her decorations though!  Not a single one turned out like the pictures on the box, but we feel successful if they just stand up!  

The holidays always make me miss my grandparents.  My grandma gave me this nativity the first year we were married.  Saige insisted on setting it up on some fake snow.   I absolutely love how the kids have always rearranged it.  Even now that they are older, I find the pieces rearranged.  This year has been a lot to handle.  I am thankful for family and some normalcy in traditions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment