Thursday, December 10, 2020

Fun stuff













Preston (#10 in white) had the first game of his sophomore year.  This week KSHAA changed their minds from no spectators to 2 parents or guardians per player.  I know that it eliminates a lot of grandparents/aunts/uncles/siblings who love watching the kids play, but I am relieved.  I love watching my kids, but I was worried that someone would get hurt and we wouldn’t be there. Anyway I was so happy to get to watch Preston play tonight.  He had a good game.  If you ask him, he will tell you everything he did wrong.  That is his nature.  He is his own biggest critic.  I am telling you he plays hard. He has a knack for being where he is supposed to be and he gives it his all.   I am proud of him.  Also, because of me, he didn’t attend any of the summer programs.  I’m sure it was the right decision, but coaches never see things the way I do.  Anyway I am super proud of my kid tonight.  

While I was watching ball, Evie got to go to the zoo lights.   She has been talking nonstop about Santa!  I love that she got to go see him!  Not the normal Santa pictures, but covid has messed up a lot of our traditions. 


Other fun was being had in Wichita.  Colin and  Spencer had reservations to look at Christmas lights from a helicopter.  They could have one more person, so they invited Mallory.   Mallory was so excited. She high-tailed it to Wichita right after school and made it with a few minutes to spare.  She had a great time.  The pictures and videos look like fun.  Well, fun for someone besides me. I prefer to look at lights from the ground! 

Today was a rough day.  Quincy and Saige had dental appointments that lasted for a long time.  We are getting closer to being caught up and fixed.  I had a township meeting, Jim had court. I trained a lady to do my route so I can drive basketball.  My identity was used to file for unemployment, so I have to sort that out.   I got involved in a mess of a project at work.  Needless to say despite all the fun, I am happy to be home, firmly planted in my own space in my pajamas!  Ready for the weekend.  The only thing standing in my way is living through Friday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment