Monday, December 21, 2020

A very good start















Christmas break is off to a great start!  We attended mass for the last Sunday of advent, helped decorate the church for Christmas (something my kids legitimately enjoy), and attended the Christmas penance service  (something my children absolutely do not enjoy).    After the penance service, Quincy and I ran a couple of errands and she did her shopping.  Mallory made ornaments with Saige and Harper.  They turned out great, but apparently they tasted like dog treats because a couple of them were swiped off the tree and eaten!     We had Sunday dinner, but without Evelyn it was definitely not as busy!  


Ok maybe it was busy, but not quite in the same way.  We have a lot of dogs here currently!   Jim is spoiling all of them!   I’m gonna need to make a trip to the store for more treats!  

Today we had an appointment to pick up Harper’s new glasses.  I love them!  Picking glasses during a pandemic is not very much fun, as they want you to touch as little as possible so they don’t have to sanitize everything.   She managed to find a cute pair I think!  She also cracked me up when she said they were so clean she could barely tell she was wearing them!   I’m also happy because she now has a good spare pair (the old pair), which is something we haven’t had for a while.  

After the eye doctor excursion, we ran some other errands and hit the dollar tree for the kid’s annual redneck gift exchange.   I was a little bit alarmed at how busy it was.  Honestly, I have never seen the place so crazy!   I think it speaks volumes about the state of our economy.  Quincy couldn’t go with us today because she had wrestling practice. KSHAA has said they can not practice from the 23rd until after the first of the year due to trying to slow the spread of covid.  The good news is that her van was finally finished at the shop and so she didn’t need to share my car!   Also good news -Preston was officially released from his quarantine.  He was happy, and we are all relieved that he didn’t get sick!  


This evening, the Kids and I went for a drive so we could get a glimpse of the Christmas star.  We first had to run for hot chocolate though!  

We were able to see it!  The kids made fun of me for forcing them to go out and look at 2 planets and calling it a star.   Luckily for me, I don’t get my feelings hurt easily!  


We miss our little busy body!  It does look like she’s having a fun time in Virginia!  My office stayed so clean today, but it was too quiet and when I went to the bank nobody gave me stickers and balloons!  I have one more errand to run and then we are all ready!   I am looking forward to having only the fun stuff left to do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment