Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last post of 2020







We have never really been party animals.  When I was growing up, we usually attended New Year’s Eve at my grandma’s house with all my aunts and uncles and cousins.  When she was no longer with us, we have sort of transitioned into staying home and letting the kids have friends over.  Due to covid, we skipped the friends this year.   Well covid, and the fact that we are in a winter storm warning and I didn’t feel like leaving the house tomorrow to take friends home.  
Madison, Andrew, Evie and Mallory joined us this evening.  None of them made it to midnight. Jim also is a party pooper.  Quincy is spending the night at Landrie’s house.  That just leaves Harper, Saige, Preston and me to usher out 2020. Cameron stayed in Manhattan and is living it up in style.  
I hope that there is less death, sickness and bad news in 2021.   I hope that we take the lessons we have learned about family, self reliance, patience and kindness into the new year.  I hope that the vaccine works, and we can get back the pieces of our lives that we have always taken for granted.  Most of all, I hope that we can continue on the path of truly living our best lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment