Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Shabby weather










We have not had much going on during the break.  Today I made appointments for Quincy and Saige to have their final dental work finished.  Of course the day I made appointments, the weather would turn to crap.  That’s how my life goes.  If I had no plans, it would have been sunny and 60. ;) 
I have been known to take off icy driving days before, however, I was supposed to have  meeting tonight and I didn’t have everything ready.  I am also frantically trying to get year end reports started, and a few other tasks done this week when Madison is off work, and Evie isn’t at my office. So I went to work.  I left instructions that we would need to leave for dental appointments when I got off work and to be ready. Preston volunteered to make lunch and have it ready when I got home so we could eat and go. I walked in after work to find Preston and Saige frying homemade French fries in the fry daddy.  I said “oh cool, what are you making to go with the fries?” I was met with Preston giving me a blank stare and then responding “why aren’t French fries a complete lunch?”    Alrighty then. We can eat fries for lunch.  My parents gave us a half a beef for Christmas.  I bought a half a hog, and we raised broilers this year.  I literally have meat. Picky Preston likes carbs.  That’s all there is to it.  


The morning ice turned over to just rain.  Cold, foggy, dreary rain, but I was thankful the roads stayed just wet and not icy.  We have been working so hard to get all these dental appointments finished up, I did not want to cancel. 


We made it and these 2 are finished.  I hope all this work pays off in the long run!   Preston is still needing a couple of things fixed and we are planning a consultation to just use the new dentist for Harper’s orthodontics, but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. 


While I was waiting for the dentist, my meeting got cancelled.  We stopped off and got a couple things for dinner.  We had a complete meal this time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment