Tuesday, December 22, 2020

He’s baaaack!







Preston (#10 in white) had a scrimmage game today against a homeschool group.  It is their last game of 2020.  This is also our last school event for the rest of the break.  Sweet freedom!  
Preston didn’t get to play much tonight.  He missed practice.  Never mind that he missed practice because he was quarantined because of basketball.  Whatever.  I’m not a huge fan of the head coach.  I’m still bitter over the way he treated Cameron.  It will all work out eventually.  I believe in karma.  
Preston and I went from his game over to a little shop that his friend’s parents own in Carbondale.  I am done with my shopping, but his friend told him about something they had that he wanted to get for Colin. I also couldn’t resist buying one of their cheesecakes.  Let’s just say I will be going back for more of that!   I was sort of mean and bought a turtle cheese cake because I thought the kids would hate it, and then I could have a second slice tomorrow.  That didn’t work out the way I planned at all!  They all loved it!  Even Jim thought it was awesome!  I was doing it with the idea that I was helping a small business.  I can go back based on that idea right?  
Having my errands all done, all I have left to do is wrap and bake.  This is the part of Christmas that I live for.  The fun stuff.  The quiet movie watching with the tree lit, Christmas mass, baking with the kids, enjoying a meal.  Today I read a funny article written by a Muslim man who is not going home for the holidays due to the pandemic.  He decided to do an experiment and celebrate Christmas with his Christian roommates.  His conclusion was that Christmas is exhausting.  I laughed because he isn’t even getting the school programs, church dinners, and a multitude of other things that have been  cancelled due to the pandemic!  

No comments:

Post a Comment