Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Cameron is 21





Today is Cameron’s 21st birthday.  He sent me these pictures. They are funny/ironic because Cameron truly doesn’t drink at all.  I find it even funnier   that the reason he doesn’t drink is because he hates the communion wine at church.  I was feeling pretty bad because for some reason, I thought he would be back for his birthday and so I don’t mail him anything.  I think he’s headed back this weekend, so we will catch him then!  Cameron is a fun guy. He has a charismatic personality, and I’m not sure he knows a stranger.  He was a difficult baby.  He had colic, and reflux, and sinus/adenoid issues.  He cried a lot.  Until one day he didn’t. He started climbing, and messing and destroying things.  I remember asking my mom to take him for an afternoon just so I could have a couple hours of peace.   I distinctly remember him coming home when he was about 6 from playing with the neighbor kids. He was covered from head to toe in mud and literally said “hi mom, you can spank me if you need to, but I sure did have fun!”   I had no idea what to do with that.  And have honestly have had no idea what to do with him a lot of times.  But he does amuse me.  And the older he has gotten, the more proud he makes me.  He is a force to be reckoned with.  We love you Cameron!   I hope your birthday was great (thank you Lauren for spoiling my kid!).  

Not birthday related, but this one is also a force to be reckoned with.  Yesterday, I went to switch laundry loads, and when I came back she told me “Evie school!”   She had her phone, mask and shoes- she was ready!  

Today I took her to run errands.  We went to the bank and cashed a check for Quincy.  She was convinced the money was for her.  She kept saying “Evie money, please Grammy!”   I told her it was Quincy’s money.  She was so ticked at me!  I took her picture and showed her how sad her face looked.  She did stop crying, but then said “Evie night night?”   Seriously she is the cutest thing ever!  Even when she is completely mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment