Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!










The new year blew in here on a snow storm.  Whereas I don’t love snow, I was happy it happened on a day we were all home with nowhere to go.  Jim did go over and pick up Quincy, but Jim never thinks the roads are “that bad” and I believe he enjoys sliding and playing around driving in this weather.  He is the opposite of me.  
The kids had fun sledding.  Colin bought them all new sleds and a snow board for Christmas.  He also promised that next time there was snow he would drive up and play.  He is coming tomorrow.  He was going to come today, but decided that the roads weren’t very good for that.   I believe he and Spencer spent the day sledding and building snowmen.  He said he was having a great day.  Evelyn also had her first day of playing in the snow. She liked it. Of course, we had to make snow ice cream.  Preston made it for breakfast, Madison made Evie some for a snack.  My kids live to eat snow ice cream. 
I remember my grandma saying that you should not eat chicken on New Year’s Day because they scratch backward, but that you should eat pork because they root forward.   My parents say they don’t remember that at all.  But we all remember her fixing black eyed peas for luck in the new year.  I fixed a ham and black eyed peas.   Last year wasn’t terrible for us, but I’m not taking any chances with 2021!   I just hope the kids complaining about the peas doesn’t  negate their luckiness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment