Wednesday, January 6, 2021

2020 just won’t go



New year....new what?   American history was written today, but not a historical event that we can be proud of as Americans.  I feel like the 2020 bad juuujuuu or whatever it is, just won’t leave.  The president of the United States refuses to concede the election that he clearly lost.  He incited riots and violence where his supporters breached the capitol’s security and disrupted the certification of the electoral college vote.  It is insane to me that this can happen. It is disgusting, disappointing, and I certainly hope that they remove him from power.  I have spent the last 4 years being appalled at the things this man has done.  This definitely is a tragic end to a terrible legacy.   I think it saddens me more that there are still people who are making excuses for, and supporting him.  Truly a sad, sad day. 
Luckily, we took a break from the news and the craziness to eat at the bar with Evelyn.  (She loves sprite!). I absolutely love her.  We have work to do as a country so that she can grow up and events like the one today are only things she reads about in history books.  


No comments:

Post a Comment