Monday, January 18, 2021

Weekend....don’t leave me!










 
Saturday, Quincy’s girls wrestling team had a tournament in Burlington.   There was a time when I would have packed everyone up, and spent a day watching.  Because of Covid, we can’t all go.  So I asked Jim to go because I am driving her team Tuesday, and her season is getting close to over.   Jim was happy to do so.  He likes wrestling.  It appeals to his orderly nature.  This worked out well for me because I purchased a new carpet shampooer, and haven’t been home long enough to use it.  I spent most of Saturday trying it out!   I was happy, Jim was happy.  A win-win kind of day!  Quincy didn’t have her best day on the mats, but she did work hard!  We finished the day with pizza and the Bills game.  I don’t know when Preston became a Bills fan, but he is super excited about them winning!  

Sunday, as I was trying to finish laundry and clean the kitchen for Sunday dinner, Mallory texted to see if I would ride with her to pick up her impulse buy.   Never wanting my kids to meet an online purchase alone, I jumped in the car and went with her.  We sure are collecting a lot of grand-dogs!   Evie claimed Mallory’s new puppy as “mine” during dinner!   It wasn’t a fight she could win!  Mallory decided to name the puppy Daisy Paige!  It is a cowboy corgi.  Mom is a corgi, dad is a blue heeler.   We are all pretty smitten.  

After dinner, we settled in to watch Quincy’s musical.  We were all sort of horrified at how bad the sound quality was.  I guess it is just one more thing that was screwed up by covid!  We did get a good laugh out of it!   Quincy is glad it’s over!   
Jim and the kids all have the day off today.  I have to go in to work, but I always like these federal holiday days because it means my phone doesn’t ring!   I hope to complete the year end junk today and get that off my mind.  This upcoming week is already looking ridiculously busy!  I always hate to see a weekend end!  

No comments:

Post a Comment