Sunday, January 3, 2021

And she’s done










When we got up for church this morning, the world had been transformed into a magical winter wonderland from the freezing fog.  Now I don’t love winter, but even I can appreciate the beauty of this.  Pictures don’t really do it justice.

Colin was home, football play offs are happening.  My boys were happy to watch games together.   We missed Spencer, who was studying her flight school stuff.   The kids had so much fun sledding and seeing Colin though.  

We also missed Cameron and Lauren.  I’m not overly clear on what they were up to, but Lauren is awesome about sending me pictures.   

The rest of us had Sunday dinner together.  I tried to make caramel pecan cinnamon rolls like my grandma used to make.  They will never be quite as good as hers were.  Nothing I cook will ever be quite the same as grandma made, the woman was a culinary genius without really meaning to be.  I still had fun trying, and the rolls were good.  They were a nice pairing with the beef and noodles tonight.  Comfort food for a cold winter night.  

And why do we need comfort?  Because the break is now over.  Oh yes, the kids have one more day off of school, but practices start back tomorrow.   Quincy  starts softball hitting practice tomorrow too. I sat down with my new calendar (thank you Grace) and started writing out the schedules and was quickly jolted into the reality of the insanity that is about to take over around here.  I don’t feel ready.  After all the pandemic lock downs and shut downs, I am definitely not complaining, but I could use a few more days.   The only benefit I see is that we will be a step closer to spring, warm weather and sunshine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment