Monday, October 11, 2021

Three day weekend















Because the 4-H was having a crazy day of activities, we had Saturday dinner.  Evie discovered that the karaoke machine gives her an edge on her ability to be heard when singing, as well as bossing people around.  She makes us all laugh.  I am glad that the kids come over on the weekends and hang out with us, it is a blessing to have the time to spend together.  


This weekend was 48 hours of 4-H, which is a national event that encourages clubs to participate in community service, or doing some other project together as a club.  Our club participated by removing some mulch that was left behind after stumps were ground up.  When we were asked to do this, I thought oh that is a small cemetery, it won't take too long.  There were 21 stumps.  I was expecting 2 or 3.  It was a lot of work.  The people who live across the street from the cemetery paid the kids to place the mulch around their fruit trees.  I was not expecting that the project would take us a few hours, or that it would be quite as warm in October!  We did get it finished.  I was very proud of the kids.  They all worked really hard!  

We also had our fall party after the work was done.  The whole party was planned by some of our senior members, and they did a really nice job.  I think the kids who were there all had a lot of fun.  


Holding these events during this weekend means we can say we participated in a national event, which helps our club when it comes time for the year end paperwork.  It was a fun, but exhausting day!
Which means I am super duper happy that the kids (and Jim) had today off.  No school means I got to sleep past 5:00 am and that they are all available to help me with a couple of projects that we need to finish today!  They might not have been quite as excited about pool winterizing, and pear processing as I am!  :)  We had over 5 inches of rain overnight.  I had to work this morning, and had a hard time getting to work.  One direction had a tree down in the road, so I turned around.  The bridge the kids like to fish off of below our house was roaring.  The creek was nearly to the bridge.  It honesty hurt my stomach to drive over it.  I did make it safely!  It is crazy how much water was flooding everything, and it is about 45 degrees cooler!  Welcome October weather!  I have been wondering when you would arrive!  

No comments:

Post a Comment