Thursday, October 14, 2021

How in the heck






 
Today is my birthday.  First, I would like to thank Jim for the extra special gift of gob’ment cheese.  I sincerely don’t know how that will ever be topped as a birthday surprise.  
Second, I would like to ask a question….what the heck happened to the last 10 years?   Seriously, I have lost track of a decade. I remember telling my Grandma as a young adult how fast time was flying by, and she responded “oh honey, you ain’t seen nothing yet!”   She was a wise woman.  And third, I was super happy to hear from all of the kids today.  If I accomplish nothing more in my life, at least I know I have some amazing children.  My heart is full and happy tonight.  
And who wouldn’t be happy after having an almost perfect day?  The weather was near perfect.  The beans are my favorite color. The bus kids sang to me.  Jim and Evelyn treated me to lunch at Los Vaqueros, complete with wearing the birthday sombrero and fried ice cream (thanks a bunch to my cousins).  I got cupcakes and brownies!   My mom treated us to breakfast.   I am incredibly blessed.   And the best part?  No school tomorrow!   

It’s going to be a great 3 day weekend!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment