Saturday, October 30, 2021

Fall fun stuff















The kids had a day off of school today.  Quincy had to work, and Preston had plans with his friends (which we allowed him to do only after helping me load/unload goats for the sale tomorrow). I told the younger crowd we would do fun fall stuff today.  I was told that South Baldwin Farm was having a wagon sale on pumpkins. Whatever you could fit in the wagon was a set price.   I had also seen online that they had their Granny Smith apples that were the odd shaped ones for 50 cents a pound.  These seemed like reasonable reasons to make a journey to me. Harper absolutely did not agree with me.  So she stayed home watching a movie  and   Saige and I went over.  Saige had to trudge through a lot of mud to fill her wagon, but we had decided she could get a few more to carve, and the rest we will attempt to make our own canned pie filing.  The man at the farm told me that these pumpkins will have the consistency of applesauce when you cook them down.  I’m trying to figure out if that is bad?   The consistency of canned pumpkin is like that right?  Experimenting will commence tomorrow and I will report back I guess.  We also got apples to make caramel apples tomorrow.  
This evening, Evelyn was spending the night with Mallory.  They came out to do fun stuff with us.  We carved pumpkins, roasted seeds,  made popcorn balls and had snacks for dinner.  It was a fun evening.  I love fall/Halloween stuff!  

No comments:

Post a Comment