Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Preston is 17!


Preston is 17 years old today.  We celebrated with his favorites - pizza and brownies.  And then he loaded up the car with his sisters and off they went to sonic for milk shakes.  This kid is smart, opinionated, well informed on current events, caring, a smart a$$ occasionally, but he always redeems himself.  He is also an incredibly hard worker, an emphatic soul, and amazingly helpful.  We are so blessed that he is our son.  Happy birthday Preston!  We love you!  

Today I was thinking about Preston.  I remember being on vacation in South Dakota, and telling Jim 4 kids was definitely not enough.   Jim being Jim, said he needed time to think about that.  Then I reminded him that he promised me a big family.  A few months later, we found out we were having a boy.  The day I went into labor, we still could not agree on a name for him.  If you come from a big family, and then have multiple children yourself, the name game gets difficult.  I can’t imagine our lives without Preston, and I cannot think




 of a more suitable name for him.  Our family is blessed because he is a part of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment