Saturday, October 2, 2021

Farm tour ‘21
































Yes I took a lot of pictures today. And no I don’t have any shame about it.   We planned an event.  Events need photos right?   Evie spent the night with us so we could get up and head out to the Kaw Valley Farm Tour.   We absolutely love this event, and can’t say enough good things about it.   We didn’t hit up quite as many places this year, because the weather turned bad in the middle of the afternoon.  We still managed to see the alpacas (a favorite of everyone), visited a family friend’s turkey farm, and hit the South Baldwin farm for some pumpkin picking and apple cider. 
We always aim to learn something new, and try something new.  This year, we learned that you can tap more trees than just maple and make syrup.  We saw a demonstration about tapping walnut trees, and tried walnut syrup.   I was surprised. I expected it to taste like walnuts, but it doesn’t!  We even brought home a small jar for Jim to try.   I’m not thinking that we will be tapping any of our trees, but hey, if times get hard, it’s a possibility!  

It was busy.  We had to be mindful about social distancing.  I am happy the event was well attended.   I distinctly remember last year thinking that by the next farm tour covid would be a thing Of the past.  I was wrong.  I certainly hope by next year……

No comments:

Post a Comment