Saturday, October 23, 2021

Fall junk


























Last summer, Mallory attended a conference in Orlando.  She came home extremely excited about the things she had learned there.  One of the things she wanted to do was have “Rock you school day” at her school.  She came home and worked her hump off fundraising for this really fun day. The kids all got shirts, they had science experiments, guest speakers, touch a truck, STEM activities and a whole bunch of other junk.   The kids had so much fun.  The adults did a great job.  I was very proud of the work Mallory put into this.   Gg and Evie went over for a little while.  Evie was excited because she got to go to “her school- and got a strawberry milk”. 

Saige was perturbed because it was only an Overbrook school thing and she didn’t get to go to it.  

Saige’s teacher has been challenging them to read.  Her homework this week was to read with her pet.  Carlos didn’t really like this assignment.  

Friday I took Quincy to get her sports physical.   Evie went along.  I have never heard a child grill a doctor the way she did.  She must have asked 200 questions.  Things like “hey…why you squishing her tummy?”   It was pretty funny.  

Friday night, I was incredibly tired.  I thought about skipping out on the football game and going to bed. Then Preston came home, and was excited about the halftime show they were presenting.  So I stayed in my clothes, and went to watch.  I’m glad I was there, they sounded great!   


Today, the PRIDE had a fall festival.  The 4-H hosted  a petting zoo.   We took in a couple of animals and worked a couple of shifts.   The festival was a lot of fun.  I was excited to get myself a water tower cookie cutter with the town theme on it.   

We watched them set up the bounce house, and Evelyn was completely mesmerized and wanted to go.   But when we walked over for her to jump, she freaked out a little bit and didn’t like it.  She did go down the slide with aunt Bubba though.   


Cameron and Lauren went pumpkin picking.  I love them both so much.  Thanks for the pictures Lauren!  

Evelyn was very well behaved today. She loves the cow named Rosie!   I’m so glad she got to spend the day with us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment