Saturday, October 9, 2021

A week of unsure









Have you ever gotten to the weekend and you are absolutely bone deep exhausted, but you can’t even remember what you did that would cause such exhaustion?  That sums up my week perfectly.  I feel like we ran a marathon. But I am pretty sure I have had busier weeks before this.  Anyway, the weekend was much needed and I am happy we arrived here unscathed.  
Monday, we had 4-H, I had a bus safety meeting and Jim had a town hall meeting.  Preston was “hired” to drive the girls and I would meet them after my meeting.  He was not happy about it, but he did it anyway.  They had installation of officers, Preston is the Vice President and Saige is the club reporter for this upcoming year.  

Hard to tell from these pictures, but they were harvesting the corn behind our house.   This was a huge source of questions from Evelyn.  She was very worried about the cows needing their food.   
We still have the goats, and we have been letting the graze the yard. I’m about tired of them pooping on my front steps though, so I believe after their debut in a petting zoo a couple of weeks from now, they will be going to the auction.  Dale Pink loves eating the dead leaves off the deck.  He is growing into a beautiful bully goat, but since his new hobby is head butting us, he will also be going to the auction.  

Last night, Preston and Quincy performed at the football game. Mallory had Evie and she was the band’s biggest fan!   
This weekend we have a lot of weird stuff to take care of, and some fall 4-H activities.  Luckily, it is a 3 day weekend for Jim and the kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment