Saturday, January 14, 2023

Long (and odd) week








It was the first 5 day school week in about a month, so I knew it would be a long week before it even got started.   Nobody was feeling it!  
Evie came home from preschool on Monday.  She was acting very sad.  I asked her what was up and she very pitifully said “Grammmmmyyyy- nobody had ever taken a picture of my tonsils!”   Uhhh what?  “Nobody has taken a picture of my tonsils!”  I had a moment of how in the world does this child know what tonsils are, and why is that bothering her so much?  I told her I would love to take a picture of her tonsils for her. Problem solved, crisis averted.  She returned to her normal happy self, and I am now  the proud owner of her first tonsil picture.  I  am constantly surprised by this kid - she is so smart and funny.  

Also this week, she was worried because she wants to hold the baby, but she doesn’t know how to hold a baby.  She knows she has to be careful but she never held a baby before.  We explained she will need help but that we will help her and she will be a great helper for her mom and dad.  

I believe Cameron and Lauren had to return to work this week too!  It makes me laugh when I get the “Bella adores Cameron” photos.  The dog seriously loves him.  

Year end paperwork, and board meeting this week had me very preoccupied.  It’s not child labor if they want to do it, right?  She ran the vacuum around my office for a long time, and then watered the plants for me.  I know she is 4, but I truly appreciated her help and she did a great job!  

The kids were a little off kilter this week. My own kids and my bus kids.  Added to the oddness and exhaustion, the high school was robbed this week. Apparently (they think) a guy came in the building Wednesday evening during the kids club wrestling practice.  He hid out until the practice was over and the night  janitors left for the night, and then went through the building.  He for sure got money out of the vault, and a classroom. I heard multiple rumors about what else he took, and I heard he stopped to make a salad in the kitchen. He then left the school before the day started on Thursday, and tried to get away in the school’s van but failed at his Hotwire skills.  He did successfully destroy the ignition though.  They didn’t realize there had been a robbery for a couple hours, and then they put the kids on lockdown while they contacted parents and made arrangements to send the kids home.   It was a mess for a while. I spent 2 hours driving rural bus kids home.  For the record, even if you think they know, please review your child’s address with them. Yes they were in high school and could not tell me where they live.  “But I don’t drive…..”. Ok but honey what’s your address?   Blank stares.  Luckily they had phones to text parents for addresses.  Ey-yei-yei.   Everyone is safe and that is the important part.  When I think about him being in the school during the wrestling practice and with the janitors, it is pretty scary!  
Anyway, this is one week I was pleased to see end!  

No comments:

Post a Comment