Sunday, January 22, 2023

Happy bday Andrew!











Today is Andrew’s birthday.  He got to spend the day at Scheel's, and doing some stuff around KC.   We had his bday dinner tonight -Mexican food that we made - so not authentic but still pretty decent.  He also wanted a dump cake, which Evelyn thought was a dumb cake!  She had to help him with the candles, and consented to us singing the birthday song.   As long as it’s not for her, she’s good with it!   Evelyn loves Scheel’s, and she got a few new goodies for her dad’s birthday!  

She was also extremely excited about riding the Ferris wheel in the store!  

We woke up this morning to our first measurable snow of the year.  I say it was measurable, but not an impressive amount.  Annnnddd  even though I generally don’t like winter,  I will admit this was pretty.  Also, we have the most beautiful cardinal pair that come up to eat at my “feeding station.”   They are absolutely beautiful, but also extremely skittish.  I had to take a picture from inside the kitchen, while standing away from the window.  If I get close to the windows, they fly away. I’m glad they are scared, but it doesn’t make it easy to get any pictures.   Oh well, just matches with the rest of my photography I guess!  Also, yes, I have crossed over to the birdwatcher phase of my life.  I am amused how the kids point out birds who are outside feeding, but when I comment they tell me I’m old and weird.  Haha.  
 
Madison and Evie went to visit a friend of Madison’s this weekend.   Evie loves babies!  She had a lot to tell me about babies today! .  

Lauren sent me a first day photo!    Jim and I watched the KSU game together yesterday and I told him I am still looking Cameron and Lauren in the crowd there.  


Jim bought new batteries for the smoke alarms. Preston and Quincy were helping him put them in.  I was laughing at how every time they turned around, Jerry was climbing the ladder.  I’m pretty sure Preston wanted to off him.  
Now we are out of weekend time.  I don’t know about anyone else, but I could  use another day.   


No comments:

Post a Comment