Sunday, January 15, 2023

Just weekend stuff













This has been a full weekend.  Jim and I thought we would be smart and do pick up at Sam’s, Dillon’s and Walmart.  We had this idea it would be a quick trip to town and we’d be right back to accomplish our projects before the girls and I had to leave for my cousin’s baby shower.  It was a good plan until we stopped at Menard’s to shop for flooring.   I have a love/hate with Menard’s.  They have everything!  The cleaners I love in big jugs, snacks, plants, wild bird supplies, and all the regular hardware/building store stuff.  I love places where I can stop and get all sorts of my errands accomplished in one stop, but every single time I go in that store I find stuff I don’t actually need, and the prices are decent so then I buy all the stuff.  We have a contractor coming to fix our bathroom, and one thing that is necessary is picking out new flooring.  I found exactly what I was looking for, at a price that didn’t make Jim have a heart attack.  We brought home samples and I like it just as much here as I did there.  Also, I found a lot of other stuff I didn’t even know I needed, including some cute little pots that had seeds so you can grow cilantro and cacti.   They were on a clearance table….do I need cilantro and cacti?  No.  Did I buy them anyway?  Uh of course I did.  And I’m weirdly excited about them.  We did get all our pick ups done, had a nice lunch together and stopped by the pet store where I bought a few new fish, and got Carlos the cutest little hoodie.  The best part?  We made it back in plenty of time for the shower!  

Jim has stopped commenting on my infatuation with this little mess of a dog.  But he is soooooooo cuteeeee!  

When I got home from the shower, I saw my husband dressing the cat, so really he has to room to talk about my crazy.  Jerry however, was not at all amused with the pajamas or with Jim. He was running backwards and freaking out until Jim took the pajamas off!  

This evening, we had Sunday dinner and Mallory brought a dog cake for the dogs to share with Daisy-Paige for her 2nd birthday. Most of the dogs didn’t seem to love the cake, but Daisy has never let any food go to waste.  

When we were done eating, Evie wanted to spend the night here, but I have to work tomorrow, and although Jim has the day off, he has some meetings, and has to go in.  I told her we would have to do it sometime soon, but not today.  She changed her request into can Saige spend the night with me?  The kids have tomorrow off school, and I have a list of stuff for them to help with. Saige knew this, and jumped right in Madison’s car!  

No comments:

Post a Comment