Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Still at it








My travel troop returned late last night.  They had stopped off in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl on their way home.  The weather turned bad, but not the kind of bad we might have expected.  They drove home in the middle of thunder storms, tornado watches, and fog.  Preston said he drove most of the way back and the fog was really awful.  I was thankful when they pulled in here safely!  
Today, the photo wall started to become a reality.  We ran out of frames, need some pictures of a few more family members, and have some other pictures I need to decide what to do with (bigger sized ones).  So far, I absolutely love it.  I have plans to spray paint a few of the frames so they are all black, but for spacing we went ahead and hung them.   Preston was an incredible amount of help, and I truly appreciate his meticulous measuring and leveling.  Don’t mind the navy paint on the ceiling, I will fix it as soon as I get the feeling back in my arms!  

I’m not the only one who is sore.  Mallory had a book drop onto her foot when we were moving the furniture back, and is back and blue.  Harper reports arm pain too!   When I asked her what she wanted for dinner she responded “a nap!”   

Side story.  Remember a year or so ago when I surprised Jim with a bigger fish tank?  At that time we took the kids and let them pick out some tropical fish.  Saige picked out some Angel Fish.  They grew fast, became aggressive and  have eaten most of the other fish we have.  I am tired of them eating everything, and they seemed to be aggressive toward each other as well.  So today, I called the locally owned pet store in Lawrence and asked them if they could help me find a new home for them.  They agreed to help me.  Tonight, as I was feeding them, I noticed all sorts of eggs all over the glass.  When I come near, the angel fish were actively aggressive toward me, almost like they were guarding the eggs.   After researching, and since basically they are the only fish in the tank, with the others having live babies, we realized that the aggressive behavior is actually mating behavior.  So I guess we are going to have baby angel fish.  Of course we are.  I didn’t want 2 angel fish, so the universe gave me several hundred.  If they hatch, I guess I will see if I can get rid of them.  Anyone need an angel fish?  

No comments:

Post a Comment