Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Snow day!










Tired of snow photos?  I’m getting there!  This snow bought us a snow day though!   It was a heavy, thick wet snow that made the back roads really slick.  I was surprised we got the day off, but after driving in to work and feeling the roads were sort of slippy, I was happy I was driving my 4 wheel drive car and not a bus.  I didn’t really have any problems, but thankful for the precautions the transportation department took today.  

I know some people who work at the school who were absolutely elated about it, as well as some dogs who were happy to have their owner around today!  


After work, I was able to get several things accomplished that we have failed at.  Saige has been asking to have the bottom of her hair dyed brown. She doesn’t think we went dark enough, but was mostly happy about it.  We also got the thank you notes done from the fair.  Yes, it has been 5 months.  I put the list up in the cabinet, and  forgot all about it.  I found it last week, and was disappointed in myself, but it’s never too late for a thank you, right?  It’s too late to fix it, so I guess we are going to mail them tomorrow and pretend we will do better next time.  
Saige and I had RE tonight.  The roads are mostly clear so they went ahead and had class.  I have made a decision that this will be my last year teaching.  I have been doing it for somewhere around 20 years now, and it just doesn’t bring me the joy that it once did.  I still like the kids, I still like doing crafts and sharing A love for Jesus with them, but I’m just not as energetic or excited about it as I used to be.  Time to pass the job off on a more enthusiastic person.  I may be teaching my girls Confirmation class, but only if I can’t get Mallory conned into it!  Either way, this is going to be the end of Wednesday night class for me come May.  

Tomorrow it’s back to reality.  It was nice to have a little break….if you wanna call it that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment