Sunday, January 1, 2023

New year….new projects













My travelers watched the New Year’s fireworks in Baton Rouge.  Saige texted to say they were taking her to a bar.  She wasn’t quite clear on what they were doing I guess.  

Lauren has kept me supplied with photos.  She knows how I love all the pictures.  Thank you Lauren!  

They all took a swamp tour.  I was supplied with a lot of gator pics.  Jim said they all enjoyed it.  

I was also told they discovered the rec room in Cameron’s dorm.  They were having a (Probably violent) ping pong tournament.   

The girls (and Andrew) came out for tacos tonight.  I didn’t know if they would want to do Sunday dinner since they were here last night.  Apparently tacos sounded good!  
I am happy to report that we were able to figure out the stairway paint.  I’m thankful to Quincy being unafraid and standing on a ladder to paint a couple of places i just couldn’t reach. Is it the finest job over steps that has ever been done?   Absolutely not, but who really sees the area over the basement steps anyway?  I’m ok with how it turned out.  I can also guarantee that the next time the stairway gets painted it will not be done by me.  The rest of the house maybe,  but never the staircase, ever again.  I am happy that we were able to finish the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway.  No more rusty red.  No more yellow.  It seems so bright in here- I think it is going to take a little getting used to!  
The new paint has caused me to make a list of projects that I want to tackle.  I think I’m officially in renovation mode now.  How long this phase lasts remains to be seen.   You know I love lists and projects.  
The holidays are officially over and so is my 3 day weekend (I chose Friday instead of Monday).   I’m sad about it, but happy that Jim and the kids will be home tomorrow (late).  I miss them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment