Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye 2022




















From my travelers - they are having fun, enjoyed the Sugar Bowl even though the results were not what they were hoping for.  Cameron highly advised getting out of New Orleans before the New Year’s Eve crowd headed in!   

I’m sure she would have had more fun if the score was a little less disappointing!  


Looks like they made some time to meet Mike the LSU tiger.  


Here at the home front, we finished 99% of the painting.  I have a little problem over the stairs, it is too angled to reach with my super long paint stick.  It is too tall to reach from the floor and too deep to reach from the landing.  I think they make a tool that might work, but I don’t own one.  Also, we ran out of paint.  I will run talk to someone at Home Depot on Monday.  I’m happy to be mostly done.  I could not have done this project without Mallory’s persistence to keep moving.  Or without Harper who rolled a whole lot of wall space, and did a great job taking down and putting back outlet covers, and Quincy who was the muscle with furniture moving.  I could quote Jim on  what kind of a team it is, but I try to keep the blog pg rated.  I truly love how it turned out.  It looks so bright and cheerful in here.  Now I just have to re-hang stuff and maybe shampoo carpet!  But first I must. rest! 

We had a very small New Year’s Eve celebration this evening.  We still had fun.   Evelyn said she wanted to spend the night, but when she realized her parents were not staying, she wanted to go home.   She makes me smile. 

This year was a good one.  I can’t wait to see what 2023 brings!  Happy new year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment