Thursday, December 8, 2022

Cameron’s birthday







Today is Cameron’s 23rd birthday.   Of course we didn’t get to spend the day together, but I did face time him.   He was a little worked up over a paper he had due.  I helped him with some suggestions - which I’m sure he incorporated right away after we hung up.   
Cameron said that he and Lauren were celebrating by going to a semi-pro hockey game.  I’ll make him a bunch of French dip birthday dinner when he’s back in a couple weeks.  I miss Cameron (and Lauren).   I am thankful for technology though.  I am proud of the work he is doing, and for the work he is putting into his master’s degree.   I am sure when he is done, it will be worth all this effort.  
Today I was thinking about Cameron.  When he was a little kid, probably 4, he went out to play and came back absolutely covered in mud.  He came through the door, smiled and said “spank me if you need to, but I sure had fun!”   How do you discipline that?   You don’t.  Which explains a lot. 
Happy birthday Cameron!   We love you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment